Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Do YOU Believe it?????

Wow. What an opening day in the case of Florida against Casey Anthony.

I watched as the prosecution opened this morning with a very drawn-out opening statement going day by day from the time Caylee Anthony was last (allegedly) seen by her grandfather George detailing what Casey did every day, what Cindy did every day and thought to myself I am glad I am not a juror!

Okay. I got the point. From the time Caylee was missing, Casey didn't report it and instead carried on with the "good life".

Problem is that aside from being able to prove that Casey danced and partied, the rest of the case is circumstancial evidence. Yes, Casey lied to the police. Casey lied to just about everyone that she has ever come into contact with. Does that mean she maliciously murdered her child? I just cannot say that it does.

Court broke for lunch and I anxiously awaited to hear from the defense. Nothing the prosecution said surprised me...I had heard it all before. The only interesting thing was how they chose to present their case against the "Tot Mom".

The defense started and as promised, floored us.

Casey didn't report Caylee missing because she had drowned in the family pool and her father had found her lifeless body.

Casey went along with her father's coverup because she was afraid that she would be charged with neglect.

No big bombshell that Casey is alleging that her father sexually abused her from the time she was eight years old. In my previous post that exposed Casey's jailhouse letters, she eludes to that realization. She names her brother as another molestor.

Wow Wow Wow

I watched a little bit of the commentators reactions to the defenses' allegations and I am surprised that not one commentator believes the defense story.

I have been "under the weather" the past few days with a miserable sinus infection. (I am telling you this so I can plead "not in my right mind")

I don't know but I can believe that Casey possibly was abused. Victims of sexual abuse can act the way that she has.

What I don't get is why George didn't attempt CPR or call 911. THAT makes no sense to me.

Maybe that is why no one believes this story.

Earlier in the day, when I posted the defense theory/story or whatever you want to call it, people overwhelmingly reacted the same. No one believes Casey Anthony's story.

I think it is perfectly believable that Caylee could have drowned in the pool.
I believe that the Anthony family is one screwed up bunch with more skeletons in their closet than the average family.

Do I believe that George and Cindy Anthony are the "poor, suffering parents/grandparents" and are innocent?

HELL NO! Not for one second.

George Anthony could not look Jose Baez in the eye when he was asked if there was any sexual misconduct between himself and Casey.

Body language doesn't lie.

George Anthony also could not look Jose Baez in the eye when he was asked if he was there was Caylee drowned in the backyard pool.

So, if I, a relatively intelligent woman who watches Investigation Discovery Channel faithfully, believes a part of the defense's story- what about the jury????

I predict a hung jury. I do not believe that the prosecution will be able to prove without a reasonable doubt that this child was murdered. The medical examiner could not say what the cause of death was. Homicide was possible only because of her age and because of the duct tape on the skull.

Okay. Enough rambling...I have weeks left to ramble about this case.

Take a second look at George Anthony's testimony. Do some research about sexual abuse victims. Jose Baez may be a better attorney than we all expected and Casey Anthony may be more than a liar.

This case just got a little more complicated.

Oh, btw. Johnnie Cochran was a fabulous attorney but I never for one second believed that OJ was not guilty. (don't know why I threw that in there but guess I just wanted to say that I am not drawn in by a good lawyer)

1 comment:

  1. Well, if the shoe fits...

    There's just too many discrepancies in everyone's story. And, of COURSE she was murdered! By whom is the question. I know who I believe did it and have always believed the same thing. I've read too many Ann Rule books to be naive when it comes to this stuff.

    And, fwiw, I always hated Johnny Cochran! I have to suffer through his ads here in DC where his practice is still based. Ugh. What a skank! And, that OJ? Yes, there are people who do get away with murder. Many of them...

    ReplyDelete