Friday, June 3, 2011

Fake Tears and Inappropriate Laughter

Watching Casey Anthony's reactions to witness testimony and taped jailhouse videos and police questioning is fascinating. Although much of what has been said is not new, seeing how Casey reacts to it interesting.

At times she makes the motion of wiping away tears that are not there. She smirks, shakes her head in defiance and looks as if she wants to stand up and scream but instead throws daggers with her eyes. I wonder how much the jury pays attention to her reactions?

So far the prosecution has done a brilliant job with their timeline. I will admit that I thought they were boring but once they got to playing the 911 tapes, their impact was stunning.

As I have said before, not much that is played out in court is new to me or anyone who has followed this case.
The presentation of it is what makes it most dramatic. I have heard Cindy Anthony's desperate 911 call hundreds of times and listening to it at the trial brought me to tears. Following the behind the scenes events and then hearing this call strikes you of how dramatic this story is.

Casey Anthony is one disturbed individual and what is most disturbing is how strongly she appears to believe her own lies. Even now sitting in court, on trial for her life, she believes that she was wronged!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment