Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Request for an Acquittal

After the state rested its case, the defense made their plea for the judge to acquit Casey Anthony.

This is normal procedure and it was interesting to listen to defense attorney Cheney Mason argue his reasons why the prosecutions case against his client is based upon speculation.

Cheney Mason does make some good points. Here they are as I see them.

1- No one knows when Caylee died.

2-Although at least 18 witnesses testified to Casey's character, no one said that Casey was a bad mother.

3- Pre-meditation needs to be shown for a death penalty case. The prosecution was lacking in this area.

Are these three reasons enough? I don't know. This case is based upon a lot of speculation, coincidence and because of the lies of Casey Anthony we cannot believe a word that she says.

Today marks 3 years since Caylee Marie Anthony was last seen alive. As cable shows broadcast the last video taken of Caylee on Father's Day when she visited her great-grandfather, I watch this video and I feel sadness. What kind of a sick person would take the life of this sweet little girl?

I have watched Casey Anthony during these court proceedings. I like her even less than I did the first time I ever saw her when the first interrogations with police were broadcast almost 3 years ago.

Her coldness, her lies, her almost arrogant attitude just made me want to shake her. Even a mother who has not bonded properly with her child would have some level of emotion regarding a missing child. She had none then and she has none now.

Her phony tears are all about Casey. If Judge Perry indeed grants the judge's motion for acquittal, I guarantee Casey Anthony will not live happily ever after. There is far too much anger over this case for anyone to allow Casey to just go back to life as normal.

If the Judge does anything, I am sure that all he would do is perhaps reduce the murder charges but it really is unlikely.

Casey Anthony is a monster. I feel sorry for Cindy Anthony and for George Anthony. Their granddaughter is dead and they are going to have to live with knowing that their own daughter is responsible.Cindy Anthony's denial has been so strong (perhaps it is what gets her through the day) that even if a jury convicts her daughter will she be able to accept it as the truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment